Re: How to cope with patches sanely (Was: State of the project - input needed)

also sprach Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [2008.01.28.1859 +1100]:
> The only problem that me and I guess at least 50% of DDs have with
> debcheckout(1) and debcommit(1) is that they did not know them before
> this thread.  Feel free to call me ignorant, but I was not aware of
> these tools (and will not be able to check them for the next couple
> of days because of time constraints).  So perhaps we do face here a
> mere communication problem for a problem that is technically solved.

The answer to this is, IMHO: let's take small steps. Instead of
solving this across the entire archive, I would like to see
individual maintainers experiment with it and report to the others.
Ideally, we'll eventually converge on a single workflow and can take
it from there. Once it's become a de-factor standard, everyone will
sooner or later find out. I just think there is no need to involve
everyone in the design stage, since many of us "just" maintain
packages and don't have the time to follow and try out every single
innovation.

"the truth is rarely pure and never simple. modern life would be very
 tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete
 impossibility!"
                                                        -- oscar wilde