Re: How to cope with patches sanely

On to, 2008-01-31 at 20:03 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I am wondering if just mandating 'debian/rules patch' to work if
> debian/patches exist shouldn't be just sufficient.

The only big problem I have with that is that is required some unknown
subset of build-dependencies to be installed, and to run code _from_
_the_ _package_, just to unpack a source package. This makes me
uncomfortable: you have to install and run complicated tools and
untrusted code, with all the potential for bugs and security trouble
that involves, just to see the source code.