announcing new tools

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 12:51:50PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Debian has grown big, and information diffuses surprisingly slowly (who
> knew about debcheckout before reading this thread ?). I am sure that we

I've blogged about it twice on planet.d.o when it was introduced [1][2]
and it has been properly introduced in the changelog entry for
devscripts (which is a package whose changelog you really have to follow
if you are interested in keeping up with packaging tools).

My point being---since I agree with those complaining that planet.d.o is
not the right place to be used *alone* for various announcements---where
should we have to announce new tools? Maybe DeveloperNews [3] now that
we have it?

If people consider it worth I can add an entry about debcheckout for the
next issue.

Cheers.

[1] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2007/08/debcheckout/
[2] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2007/08/debcheckout_bits/