Re: How to deal with bugs from removed packages?

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> - Close them. However, they might still affect stable or oldstable.  So
>   closing them without a version might lead people to thinking that the
>   bug is solved. And I'm not sure that closing them with a version is a
>   solution either: there's no version we can use to indicate that a
>   package was removed.

At the moment this is the way I've been dealing with them. I close them
forwarding the -close mail for the RM bug.
Of course I make sure if any of the reports are specific to stable's version
and if there's any chance to get it fixed with an upload to stable.

> - Leave them open and ignore them. However, it prevents them from being
>   archived. I'm not sure if bugs that don't affect unstable, testing,
>   stable or oldstable, but are not closed, are automatically archived?

Cheers,
Raphael