Re: beep-media-player transition options

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 09:49 +0000, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 03:22:46PM -0600, William Pitcock wrote:
>
> > We (Audacious package maintainers) would like to provide a transitional
> > package for beep-media-player, since it is now removed in Lenny. We feel
> > that audacious is a sufficient replacement for BMP, as it's BMP's
> > logical successor. BMPx is not a good choice for a transitional package,
> > as it is a different UI and works more like Amarok & friends.
>
> > Is there any issue with this?
>
> Will audacious auto-migrate users' BMP configuration when run?

No, but a wrapper (called e.g. beep-media-player) could be provided by
the package to do so if such a configuration is present. By providing a
wrapper, it allows for people to keep their BMP config seperate from
Audacious if they elect to keep BMP around by taking the source package
and building it for themselves locally.

William