python-apt documentation?

Hi,

I have some trouble to find a documentation about python-apt.  I'm
specifically seeking some information how I could specify some
defined sources.list for apt_pkg.GetCache() because I need to
write a script that always uses unstable distribution as target
distribution.  The background is that we want to build dynamic
web pages about the progress of Debian-Med as for instance can
be seen here [1] in the imaging section of Debian-Med.  This
page is generated by a script written by David Palaino which is
available at Alioth [2] and uses the apt_pkg.GetCache() function.
I found out that it is obviousely using the local sources.list
entries for obtaining the avialable package list, because
several packages that are available in testing / unstable are
missing and if I run the same script at home they appear on the
output pages created by the script.

If there would be some useful documentation of the python-apt
API I would be able to fix this problem but I failed in seeking
any helpful hint.

Kind regards and thanks for any help

           Andreas.

[1]  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.php
[2]  /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/update-tasks

--
http://fam-tille.de