Re: Role account whitelisting on alioth

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:15:12AM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> It looks like we have whitelisting for certain role addresses working
> correctly on alioth's mailman.  Those interested in how you do these
> things (I had no idea mailman was so flexible) can take a look at the
> DebianWhitelist mailman handler on alioth.

> So, the good news is maintainers can stop having to worry about
> whitelisting mail from the BTS and dak and so on.  This should stop
> some of the annoyance for people who handle those various role accounts,
> and also make sure maintainers actually get to see the mail instead of
> having to manage the mailing list interface all the time.  So, if you
> have some manual whitelisting for debian role accounts in your lists,
> feel free to drop it now.  If you read mail for a role account and
> get killed with 'pending' messages, let us know.

> M-F-T set to -devel, but you can send new addresses either to myself or
> to admins@alioth.

I just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" for your work on this.  Prior to this
change, I was unable to find any way to locally configure the alioth lists I
admin to allow all (subscriber,BTS,ftp-master,svn commit) mail through
without manually maintaining a whitelist of subscribers.  Now all the good
mail is getting through, and I don't have to moderate posts (except
rejecting the occasional spam) or keep track of subscribers.  This was a
long-time annoyance of mine, and I'm very happy to see it finally fixed once
for all.  Kudos!