Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

Quoting Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org):

> * Show the N: line with a count of overrides per package by default and
>   provide an option to suppress this output if someone wants.
>
> * Don't show the N: line by default and provide an option to turn it on.

My first reaction would have been supporting the first option. I think
I have seen too many useless overrides that were soundling like hiding
the dust under the rug.

Others contributors in this thread seem to think differently and I
have to admit that their arguments sound fair also. Most seem to be
easily summarized as "do we trust our fellow DD to do The Right Thing"
and not abuse overrides......

So, well, I wouldn't cry too hard if the second option is finally
used..:)