Re: Opinions sought: mlocate appropriate for Priority: standard?

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Josh Triplett wrote:
[...]
>> * No locate should have standard priority as long as findutils
>>   contains locate.
>> * locate should move out of findutils into a separate package.
>> * Once that happens, if any locate should have priority standard,
>>   mlocate should.
>> * However, I don't think any locate should have priority standard.

> Agreed to all points, except I do think some locate should probably be
> standard priority. But not required or essential.
[...]

Hello,
FYI I think we have got most pieces now:

- GNU locate package in experimental (Priority: optional) split-off
  from findutils, using update-alternatives. The locate package
  conflicts with slocate (<= 3.1-1.1). The respective changes
  have also been merged (but not tested) for the next 4.2.x upload.

- A patch for dlocate to work with the new (and the old) locate package.
  #451750

- A patch for slocate to switch from using dpkg-divert to u-a. #451792
cu andreas
so grateful to you.'