Re: LSB-ize daemon without pidfile handling

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:48:45 -0600, Raphael Geissert
> <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Then why don't you do it The Right Way (tm)?
>
> No time, not enough C skill. To much other things to do.
>
> If it is a requirement to be able to do bug-free C string operations
> to be a DD, please remove me from the keyring.

FWIW, I don't think that a DD is required to be able to prove
correctness of the code he is writing. At least my NM process didn't
suggest that to me.

However, I'd generally expect a Maintainer to be rather familiar with
the programming language of the software he is packaging, so he is able
to modify it so that it integrates with the rest of the debian system.
And this does fall into the case we are currently discussing.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4