Re: buildds: "Authentication warning overridden."

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 06:53:12PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's not uncommon to see buildds (actually build tools) override the
> package/Release signature warning.

That's inevitable because http://incoming.debian.org is not signed; The
update frequency of that repository (which is available only to buildd
hosts by IP and/or password protection) makes that impossible -- or at
least that's what I understood; you may want to check with ftp-masters
for the full story.

[...]
> Wouldn't it be better to have the buildd's verify the Release signature
> rather than just overriding the warning?

Sure. If you have a technical solution to the above-described problem,
I'm sure it'll be welcome.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22