Re: Consistent handling of the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 04:08:11PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:53:05 +0100
> Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I wanted to get around to introduce nocheck in a couple more packages,
> > but maybe it's better to just settle on it now and propose it for policy
> > inclusion for lenny.
>
> Actually, Guillem has already filed the bug: 416450
> [PROPOSAL] New option in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS to avoid running test-suites
>
> What needs to happen for that to be mandatory in Lenny?

I am not sure - my plan was to have policy say that *if* there is a
testsuite and *if* the maintainer chooses to run it during build and
*if* the maintainer wants to allow the package builder to skip the
testsuite during build, it should support DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck.

You seem to want to make it more strict than that - maintainers should
always support nocheck when a testsuite is run (skipping the last if
above)?  That might be something you'd have to discuss with the release
managers, or bring up again on -devel (or -policy) under a more
prominent subject to catch the interest of others.

Michael