Re: dpkg-shlibdeps and private libraries

Hi,

I would like to seek for some clarification of the thread from September
this year because I also have to use the rpath feature, but it became
not really clear to me, how this has to be used.  I need it for the
package arb.  At compile time the libraries are

     <pkg-build-dir>/lib/lib*.so

the binaries that will be linked against the libs should be go to

     <pkg-build-dir>/bin

At installation time the filles will be installed to a directory

     ARB_HOME=/usr/lib/arb

were the binaries go to

     ${ARB_HOME}/bin

The current packages install the dynamic libraries simply to /usr/lib
which I want to fix now.  They should go to

     ${ARB_HOME}/lib

Could anybody enlighten me what compiler options I have to give to
enable compile time and runtime correctly working.  I tried

    g++ ... -Lrpath /usr/lib/arb/lib ...  -L<pkg-build-dir>/lib

which just caused

    /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/arb/lib: No such file: File format not recognized

I obviousely missinterpreted the docs and wonder what might be the
right approach.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--