Re: modified email address in debian/copyright file

Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> writes:

> However if an upstream author of a package wishes to conceal their
> address, I think we should honour that.

This is at odds with "always have correct contact information for the
copyright holder at the time of packaging", which I think Debian
should strive to achieve for the sake of its users.

The only way to honour "conceal their address" at the same time as the
above is to not distribute the package at all. I don't think that's a
good solution.

--
 \        "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."  -- |
  `\                                                     Pablo Picasso |