Re: Building packages three times in a row

Am Dienstag, 18. September 2007 21:12:44 schrieb Julien Cristau:
> > Hmmhh, what do you do about programs etc that encode the build-time in
> > the binary? I mean they obviously will change between builds?
>
> Hopefully they don't encode the build-time in the file list?
We checked not for files which differ, but only for files which are missing
in the first package. or which are missing in the second package.

For example aptitude:
In the second build the complete .mo files are missing.

Maybe you get an idea if you look on the logs:
http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2007/doublebuild-09-05/failed-debdiff/

FYI: I filled all FTBFS bugs on Sunday 16.10. Since this is about 10 days
after the rebuilt (I didn't have enough time in between) some packages
were already fixed on Sunday. Sorry to the people who fixed this issues
with a new upload between the rebuild and my bug reports ;-)

Greetings
Patrick

--
 .''`.   Patrick Winnertz <patrick.winnertz@skolelinux.org>