Re: Packages with RFCs deleted

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 11:24:21PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 03:35:15PM -0500, Peter Samuelson a ?crit :
> I fully agree with what you write. Indeed what I support is not to ignore
> the RFC or other similarly non-free, non-programmatic files, but to
> document them in the copyright file, tolerate them in the source package,
> exlude them from the binary packages in main, and ship them in non-free
> if they are non-redundant and provide an added value.

For what it's worth, we don't do that. References I'm aware of:

Packages in main can build packages in contrib, provided they don't rely
on any non-free packages to do so (so you can build a data installer
package, eg, but that's about it).

So non-free stuff can't be included in the main source package, and
non-free stuff can't be used to build a package in main, nor can it be
generated from a source in main.

Cheers,
aj