Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:26:37PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> On 11140 March 1977, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
>
> >> I don't consider it something needing fixing.
> >> It is a good way to have the copyright files occasionally reviewed.
> > I don't think that old source packages are re-reviewed for copyright
> > violations/non-freeness. But I could easily be wrong.
>
> Those that pass NEW for whatever reason are reviewed. Yes, I did reject
> lots of such packages for copyright-file brokenness. :)

By the way, I don't remember having seen some feedback in the "making
debian/copyright machine-interpretable" thread from ftp-masters about
usefulness of the proposal for them, and since there is at least one
package tentatively using the proposal for its copyright file (namely
webkit) that went through NEW recently, it would be nice to hear from
ftp-masters as to whether it helped them in their check, or if it
doesn't change anything (until tools parsing the machine readable format
come up).

Cheers,

Mike