Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 09:20:57AM +0000, John Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:57:23 +0200, "Miriam Ruiz"
> <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> They're RFCs.  They're not code. If you want to "modify" an RFC
> >> you have to write your own and submit it, see?

> >What about ... making a derivative specification out of it

> You hit it.  They're SPECIFICATIONS.  If you want to change a spec,
> you must WRITE YOUR OWN and submit it.

Great, they're specifications, which anybody with a web browser can get.  So
there's no reason we need to be distributing them, which is fine since they
don't meet the DFSG anyway.

> >What about ...

> You can argue hypothetical cases all day, sorry I have no time for
> that.  What's real is the time wasted removing whole RFCs from Debian
> in a mindless pursuit of "freedom."  Why squander time on trivia when
> there more important things to do.

Yes indeed, why *are* you squandering our time on trivia when we have more
important things to do?