sshd defaults (Re: RFC: changes to default password strength checks in pam_unix)

05-09-2007, Gabor Gombas:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 08:26:41PM +0000, Oleg Verych: gmane reading wrote:
>
>> I.e *i don't care* about entering passwords on middle ground, without
>> knowing, WTF this installer may do with them, not having comfortable
>> environment for that _important_ action.
>>
>> Thus i have silly, empty passwords after installation. Then, i get my
>> imagination and compose really super-druper passwords for root and users
>> (that i create myself by script with, IDs i want/have on filesystems, not
>> by installation process).
>
> Well, if you give public network access to any machine before the
> initial configuration is complete, that's _your_ problem. The UNIX way
> was always "if the admin wants to shot himself in the foot, let him".

Oh, sure! I did network friendly install by downloading only vmlinuz
and netinstall initramfs, and i've "shot myself in the foot", nice!

Give me more of that prehistoric crap, please!

Or maybe i just want to test Sid like that. Again i need running OS after
reboot, but nothing else, like password management. Test means creating
rootfs and all other things, so don't propose me useing some ready fs.

I didn't traced issue, but Sid have problem with filesystems, like XFS,
which support sparse files. I've gigs of /var/log/lastlog and faillog
in every Sid install tests!!!
____