Re: libpango update broke iceape synaptic and more

On Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 00:43:46 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> >   skx@vain:~$ firefox
> >   /usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl
> >
> >   Interestingly the symbol is defined:
> >
> >   skx@vain:~$ nm -D /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 |grep g_once_
> >                    U g_once_init_enter_impl
> >                    U g_once_init_leave
> >
> U means undefined.  That symbol presumably comes from glib.

  Thanks for the hint.  I've now "solved" the problem.

  Running ldd against the named library I see this:

          libglib-2.0.so.0 => /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x00002ac8b5c58000)

  That is *incorrect*,  I have the /lib/libglib* file upon my system
 and no idea where it came from!  The correct files are located in
 /usr/lib/ - archiving /lib/libglib* made the problem go away.

  (This is the second time I've found my sid system having extra
 libraries in /lib.  The first time I thought it was my fault as
 I was working with .rpm files at the time - but nothing like that
 recently.  If anybody has any experience with this type of problem
 I'd love hints on tracking it down ...)

Steve