Re: RFC: changes to default password strength checks in pam_unix

ma, 2007-09-03 kello 09:30 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen kirjoitti:
> I've been told that the schools using Debian Edu in lower grades pick
> very simple and short passwords for the kids, and this will become
> harder if the minimum lenght is increased.  Thought it was best to
> bring that up publicly.

They will, of course, be able to change the default value for the
minimum password length to something less, so I don't think that's a
reason against changing the default length.

--
Fundamental truth #5: Always ask the simple troubleshooting questions
first.