Re: RFC: changes to default password strength checks in pam_unix

> > Given modern processor power availability, I can't think of one;
>
> How about modern brain availability?  You'll just get a lot of annoyed
> people changing it back; for example, makepasswd still uses a minimum
> length of six.

My weak English makes me think your comment is rude. Please excuse
me then if this is not.

I don't really understand the need for turning your comment this way,
which indeed doesn't make your point clear, whether you agree or
disagree with the idea of default enforcement of 8 characters length
for passwords.

It seems you disagree, but don't really give a rationale for it except
"some other programs we have in Debian default to 6 chars". Am I right?

(BTW, this "makepasswd" doesn't seem to be isntalled by default)