Re: Debian on the Desktop - plans for Lenny?

Quoting Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org):
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:00:00AM +0200, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> > > No, we should use the liberation fonts, which are designed to replace
> > > the MS fonts.
> >
> > Have their licensing issues been solved?
>
> Which ones ?

Restrictions of modification, IIRC. See -legal a few weeks ago. I was
asked to sponsor an upload of ttf-liberation but, after reading the
fonts license, I asked the maintainer to take -legal advice.....and,
IIRC, the conclusion was that soem restrictions pu tin the license
were not making the font entirely DFSG-compliant.