Re: intent to hijack gsasl

Jorge Salamero Sanz <bencer@cauterized.net> writes:

> the gsasl, libgsasl7 and libgsasl7-dev packages have not seen an upload
> since 2006-03-16 [0].

> there have been, however, several new upstream versions available which
> have been reported in the BTS [1].

> this issue was raised again in -devel more than a month ago, ccing
> maintainer and sponsor [2] neither of both replied. in fact i had
> contacted them before without reply.  i'm really interesed in
> maintaining those packages, which are build-dep for jabberd2, where i'm
> currently working.

> thus, i intent to hijack src:gsasl unless anyone gives me a good reason
> not to do so.

Simon Josefsson helps maintain Debian packges for several of his other
packages (gss, shishi) and may be willing to help.  He's also generally
great about staying in touch with the Debian maintainers of his packages
and might know more about what's going on.  Have you talked to him about
this?  You may want to set up something like what we have with gss and
shishi where the Debian packaging is maintained on Savannah and Simon is a
listed co-maintainer.