Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>> Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>> for all the reason already given:
>>> - It duplicates entries (so it's potentially confusing for novice users)
>>
>> That's a point.
>
> That's *the* point in my opinion. Duplicated entries are confusing and
> therefore not user-friendly.

I agree - but for me that's one more argument for not using a DE with
it's limited set of menu entries, except for those in the Debian
menu...

>>> - Has no i18n
>>
>> That isn't an argument to remove it, but for adding i18n support to it.
>
> But why re-invent the wheel when .desktop files already provide this and
> other features?

I didn't say anything about the implementation, it might well be a good
approach to base it on desktop files.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster