Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Le dimanche 15 juillet 2007 à 12:42 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > This is your own interpretation. I understand from the discussion that
> > some people are strongly opposed to the changes that are required to
> > make the Debian menu more usable.
>
> I'm opposed to people who drink the GNOME koolaid and call it "usability".

Call it like you want. We call it usability, and it looks incompatible
with what a number of developers expect from the menu system.

> I hope that whatever design is adopted for revamping the menu system will
> have the force of policy, and prevent koolaiders from making menu entries
> that the Debian Project as a whole deems useful completely inaccessible from
> their menu structure.

I hope that nostalgics from Windows 95 won't ruin upstream projects to
make the GNOME menu usable in their efforts to keep the WindowMaker menu
as it is now.

The way Debian works is that developers have the final word on what
happens in their packages. The GNOME team decides of what's in the GNOME
menu, and the WindowMaker maintainers decide what's in the WindowMaker
menu. If we can agree to put the same things in both menus, that's fine.
If we can't, we'll all go working on something more productive.

--
 .''`.