Re: synchronizing README.Debian with wiki.debian.org

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 04:45:41PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 03:16:11PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > I think more packages, and the wiki itself, could benefit
> > if this procedure could become a bit more standardised.
>
> Can someone upload an example of a wikipage, exported as
> docbook and post-processed? I'm interested to see e.g.  what
> happens to links etc.
>
> I think it would be worth taking a look at
> <http://doc-book.sourceforge.net/homepage/>, too: it
> actually back-ends to docbook, and might be more suitable
> for maintaining large, inter-linked documents, such as the
> developer's reference.

There was a debian package at Jeremy Malcolm's web site.
 deb http://people.debian.org/~terminus binary/
 deb-src http://people.debian.org/~terminus source/

But it is gone?

> I've had a quick look at this stuff but haven't had time to
> run moinmoin output through docbook processor nor setup
> this other wiki to play yet... I might try again tonight.

Current moinmoin's docbook generation code has bugs around table if cells
are connected to span multiple ranges.  That is the most annoyng one I
see of this XML code.  Other than that it is fine.

See bug list: http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DocBook/Bugs