Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

Le mardi 03 juillet 2007 à 00:40 +0200, Adeodato Simó a écrit :
> > windlord:~> audacious
> > Failed to load plugin (/usr/lib/audacious/Input/libaac.so): /usr/lib/audacious/Input/libaac.so: undefined symbol: vfs_buffered_file_new_from_uri
>
> Files in audacious-plugins are dlopened by audacious, so they don't
> depend on any libaudaciousX package.

And the sane way to fix it is to make the plugins link to the library.
This way audacious-plugins will depend on libaudacious5 and testing
won't be broken again.

You should also enforce dependencies between audacious and
audacious-plugins in a stronger way. There is no need for a circular
dependency, you can just make audacious depend on audacious-plugins (>=
X.Y), audacious-plugins (<< X.Y+1).

--
 .''`.