Re: APT 0.7 for sid

Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> writes:
>>   Since then, it seems like most users have switched to apt-get and
>> synaptic, with hardly anyone using aptitude or dselect any more
>
> Really? I'd have guessed that most people used aptitude. I can't imagine
> anyone preferring synaptic to aptitude.

Yeah, that was my impression too, at least from reading debian mailing
lists.  A lot of people still like apt-get, but there seems to be a
fairly strong movement to aptitude, and synaptic is sort of in the "oh
some people use that too" category (no doubt the numbers are different
among unsophisticated users, but they're harder to see).

-Miles

--
"Suppose He doesn't give a shit?  Suppose there is a God but He
just doesn't give a shit?"  [George Carlin]