Re: APT 0.7 for sid

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 04:36:15PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>       The problem isn't that individual, it's that the general attitude
>       towards Recommends seems, from my personal and highly biased
>       viewpoint, to be evolving towards a "strong Suggests" model, rather
>       than a "weak Depends".

I don't see that at all, fwiw.  There may be more people kvetching to you
about it as aptitude's use becomes more prevalent and the impact of this
behavior becomes more apparent, but I don't think this is a result of an
evolving viewpoint but rather the outcome of long years when Recommends
*were* treated as strong suggests by the toolchain.  I think folks will come
around to understanding the difference before too long, as a matter of
course.