Re: License discussions in Debian

On Wed, Jun  6, 2007 at 06:07:46 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Perhaps a more interesting example is xserver-xorg-core's inclusion of the
> GLX Public License, which includes:
>
>      Any litigation relating to this License shall be subject to the
>      exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Courts of the Northern District
>      of California (or, absent subject matter jurisdiction in such courts,
>      the courts of the State of California), with venue lying exclusively
>      in Santa Clara County, California, with the losing party responsible
>      for costs, including without limitation, court costs and reasonable
>      attorneys fees and expenses.
>
> The CID Font Code Public License and the SGI Free Software License B in the same
> package have similar clauses.
>
> Sourced from http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/11/msg00113.html and
> some quick grepping through copyright files in the lintian lab on gluck.

Given #211765 and friends, you could probably have found better examples
(and choice of venue is not the most important issue with these).  The
CID Font Code Public License is probably not relevant anymore, btw, the
affected code has been removed upstream, and the only reference to this
license I can find in the X server tree is in debian/copyright :)

Cheers,
Julien