Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:17:42PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 01:13:44AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > It is a freedom that I have by default; if I accept the CDDL I no longer
> > have that freedom[1].  [...]
> > [1] Technically, not the right to "choose a venue", but the right to not be
> > sued in a venue where I have no legal presence.

> Err, that's not a violation of your rights, it's a waste of the court's
> time... If the court doesn't see it as a waste of its time, and issues
> you with a summons anyway, you're involved. Cf [0]. You might as
> well say you've got the "right" not to be flamed on a list you're not
> subscribed to.

Addressing a flame to me that I will never see does me no harm.  I would say
that I have the right to not be *slandered* on a list that I'm not
subscribed to; given the trends toward globalization and data mining of
citizens, I wouldn't assume at all that a default judgement against me in
some foreign land is equivalent to an unseen flame instead of an unseen
slander.