Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 12:11:03AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> What you fail to see is that there is not really such a thing as the www
> team. Basically there are a bunch of people with commit access who all
> mostly just care about a particular part of the website.
> For some this is the technical infrastructure, for some it is a set of
> pages, for some it is a translation and for some it is a combination.
> There is currently no such thing as a "team" that works on/looks after
> the website as a whole.

I'm pretty shocked at this, to be honest. I can't believe no one has wanted
to take responsibility for working on the web site. I've had more offers to
help work on it than I can remember by random users in #debian, so I'm
stunned that this is the situation. Granted, we've had no visible progress
on overhauling the website over the years, so maybe it was naive of me to
think that someone was taking responsibility for it.

 - David "No, I'm not going to work on the website" Nusinow