Re: update-initramfs -k all -u

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 12:23:55AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Tim Dijkstra <newsuser@famdijkstra.org> [2007.05.15.2201 +0200]:
Now what do people think is the best option? (And why?)

I use -k all in mdadm already. I could not find any reasons why that
would not be a good idea.

The reason I didn't use it in cryptsetup's initramfs script was that many people who have > 1 kernel use the second one as a fallback. In case the updated version of the package which calls update-initramfs in its postinst contains some grave bug which renders the initramfs image useless, the old one will still be there...

--
David Härdeman