Re: Reasons for recommends and suggests

On Thu, May 17, 2007 11:58, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Package: mutt
> Suggests: ispell [adds spell cheking while composing emails]
> Suggests: urlview [extracts urls from email and can lanuch a web browser]
> Suggests: mixmaster [allows you to compose anonymized email]

This seems like a useful idea to me. As a technical detail, I'd use '('
and ')' because those are used for optional comments in the RFC822 format
already.

On Thu, May 17, 2007 19:22, Neil Williams wrote:
> The only bug suitable for this scenario is a wishlist bug for a more
> verbose manpage.

It seems cumbersome to me to be presented with a list of recommends and
suggests at install time, ignore that and finish install, read the manpage
and then go back to the package manager to install extra packages. I'd
rather just make that decision when I'm at the root prompt anyway.

Thijs