Re: svn-buildpackage etc., mergeWithUpstream, and dpatch/quilt/cdbs again

Marcus Better <marcus@better.se> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>>> "The VCS can handle the changesets. Putting patches under VCS is silly!"
>
>> I don't agree.  With patches in debian/patches, you can give names to
>> those files.
>
> With a VCS you can also name branches, or changesets (stgit).

Personally, I don't like branches very much.  Nobody ever explained to
me a good receipe to handle them in the case where development proceeds
in both, and important fixes are copied from one to the other.

Or is there a VCS which would show me a three-way diff: "What has changed
between the branching point and the branch's latest revision, except
those changes which also happened between the branching point and HEAD?"

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)