Re: Alpha for developers?

On 10 Apr 2007, at 1:54 am, Steve Langasek wrote:

Hi Bernd,

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 11:27:05PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

Sam Hocevar mentioned on his platform that there is no Alpha machine
available for developers. As we have a few standing around in a cellar
at work I'd be willing to setup one or two of them to be used as
machines for developers, if there's anybody interested in that (and the
machines still work).

I believe there is a machine earmarked as a porter box that will be brought on-line soon at the same facility hosting the most recently added buildd
(goetz.d.o).  If that falls through, I'll let you know.

Indeed - the machine (a four-way ES45 with 8 GB RAM) is ready and waiting for the DSA's to do their stuff. Apologies for the delay, but it's out of my hands now. We've provided the machine, it's up to Ryan and friends to get the machine set up the way it needs to be for DD's to use.

Tim