Re: Are popcon stats per package and arch possible?

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 10:40:34AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Michael Hanke]
> > I wonder whether it is possible to get information about which
> > package is installed/used on a particular architecture.
>
> It is possible, but it isn't done at the moment.  We do not store the
> data needed to generate such reports, but it could be done with the
> data set we have at every given point in time.
>
> But I would be reluctant to do it for the less used architectures, for
> privacy reasons.  The information we get from such analysis would be
> too easy to associate with individual users (like the kfreebsd-amd64
> porters for that arch. :).

I fully agree.

However, this should not prevent interested Debian developers can still
log on gluck and look in
/org/popcon.debian.org/popcon-mail/popcon-entries/ and make theirs own
stats and maybe publish a summary as long as they keep privacy in mind.

But publishing the data daily through popcon.debian.org is a totally
different issue privacy-wise.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>