Re: Getting Debian to use less power?

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 07:31:26PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Today Intel announced the powertop tool to report which process in a
> Linux system is consuming most power.  Check out
> <URL:http://www.linuxpowertop.org/> for the tool, and my RFP in
> #423504.

How accurate is this tool? I saw that hald-addon-cpuf (which I assume is
short for ...-cpufreq), more precisely in "queue_delayed_work_on
(delayed_work_timer_fn)" stood for a lot of wakeups, so I killed it. Yet it
keeps running up and down the lists...

Apart from that, most of my time seems to be spent in i945 interrupts, but I
guess those are needed for my display somehow. :-)

/* Steinar */
- 517.2 wakeups-from-idle per second, with tickless kernel :-/
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/