CDD: GastroLinux (RFC)

Dear list,

Custom Debian Distributions are getting en vogue: After Debian-Edu
(Skolelinux) and Debian-Med, Debian-Office had been proposed.

Now, I bear this idea in mind:

Combine too major tasks that pubs and restaurants need in one Distro:

1) use computer as media player:

There are already companies that sell dedicated PCs to restaurants.
Anybody should be able to beat their rates by using free software like
Amarok.

2) use computers as cash station:

More and more (good and bad) systems can be seen, most of which using
touch screens. I've seen quite a few ugly and unhandy pieces of GUIs,
however I think that this task is quite pretentious:
- it must be stable and have backends to a database or even a cash line
- it might be desired to handle credit card readers; some cash systems
  use cheap hardware (embedded).

I'd advise to focus on 1) but also offer 2). The default screen saver
should make some P.R. for gnu/linux/debian. In a pub, this will get
some publicity ;)

Regards
Ralf