Re: Debian Development environments.

On 4/23/07, Warren Turkal <wt@atmos.colostate.edu> wrote:
On Monday 23 April 2007 12:58, Alan Ezust wrote:
> let's say you need to build from source a program such as "gimp" which has
> many library dependencies. You don't know what they are, and you want
> debian to auto-install the -dev packages you need. apt-get build-dep is
> your friend.

Speaking of which, will aptitude ever have this functionality? It would be
nice to get the markauto goodness from aptitude when installing builddeps.

APT 0.7, available in Experimental, has got automatic removal of
unneeded rdepends, though I haven't checked if it provides the above
needed functionality, nor have I even tested it at all.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com