Re: Xorg 7.2

On Thursday 19 April 2007 03.15:21 David Nusinow wrote:
> We
> need to push XCB forward though, and how to deal with the java bug
> mentioned in that post isn't clear yet.

What I don't quite understand is how a non-free package should block this
upgrade.

Yes, Java is used by a lot of people and I'd certainly not push this into
testing until the problem is solved, but we're talking about unstable here.
If Java is broken in unstable because of a Java bug (AFAIU this is really a
Java bug, not an X bug?) and is not so easy to fix, the by all means lets
break Java.  Somebody apparently had pressure from somebody to push Java
into non-free, so reports that Java is broken in Debian unstable should get
the pressure up to get it fixed, no?

cheers
-- vbi

--
what is the process?  Do we vote, do we pray or do we send bribes?
        -- Ian Grigg, trying to get a new OpenPGP RFC out