Re: How to bet back to a sane version number?

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 05:02:19PM -0400, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:27:38PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

>>> (The list of permitted characters in the policy is up to date AFAIK,
>>> except that "~" is missing.)

>> Not quite, policy says ":" is allowed in upstream version, but the
>> scripts on ftp-master.debian.org (dak?) will reject it. I
>> tried. See
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/04/msg00250.html . It it
>> not known to me that the situation has changed since then.

> Colons are only allowed if there is an epoch (policy 5.6.12). In
> your mailman upload of that message, there is no epoch but there is
> a colon, so it is an illegal version number.

No, it had an explicit zero epoch, so it _was_ valid according to the
rules in policy. What dak didn't like was that the .changes file had a
colon in its name. As soon as you have a colon in the upstream
version, the .changes file has a colon in its name, and dak rejects
it. Whatever the epoch is.

--
Lionel