Re: [RFH] CMake and /usr/lib64/

Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to tell CMake not to use /usr/lib64 but /usr/lib
> when building a package on amd64?
>
> My quick and dirty solution to fix #417044 would be a modification in
> debian/rules where I move /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib, but it would be
> cleaner if CMake could take care of this.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Bastian

Don't. CMake is correct.

The primary location for libraries on amd64 is (/usr)/lib64 and you
should compile your code for that. Only when packaging you must move
files into (/usr)/lib because dpkg can't handle links in one package
(libc6) being directories in others.

If you don't compile for /usr/lib64 then you break compatibility with
other linux systems.

MfG
        Goswin