Re: Debian Buzz and Rex binary packages

On Thursday 12 April 2007 08:49, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 01:53:07AM +0200, Aur??lien G??R??ME wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > For a little silly experiment, I would like to know whether someone
> > still has the official debs of Buzz and Rex around.
> >
> > The old releases archive at [1] has the official debs starting from
> > Bo, but not before, and Google only finds some debs for 0.91 and Buzz
> > at [2].
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > [1] <http://archive.debian.org/>
> > [2] <http://ibiblio.org/pub/historic-linux/distributions/debian/>
>
> Hmm, I was under the impression that before 2.0, debian wasn't released
> as binaries yet, only source packages and the source code to the
> utilities needed to build the packages.  I didn't really think debian
> had any real installer or anything before 2.0 anyhow.  More of a work
> in progress.  I could be wrong of course since I only actually started
> using debian at version 2.0 (which was hard enough to install).

I have managed to locate my Infomagic discs.  I have 1.0 (yes, and Debian
was furious because it was incomplete and uninstallable), 1.2.  Binaries
were supplied.  I also have 1.3.1, the first Debian release Copyleft
sold.

Contact me off list if you want copies.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
   philipc@copyleft.co.nz - personal.    info@copyleft.co.nz - business
  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz