Re: many rejects (Re: Second call for votes for the debian project leader election 2007)

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:07:09 +0200, Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> said:

> Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>> Again, not a devotee problem.

> Just for information, I get an error message when voting with icedove
> and the enigmail extension (see the text at the end of the message).
> The error was not clear at all for me. All I did was to clic on the
> "encryption" and "sign" icons.

        Working patches for improved error messages gladly accepted.

> First error message (encrypted and signed from IceDove without
> selecting "Use PGP/MIME for this message"):

> 	This is an error report about your vote [record msg00675.raw]
>  for the vote "Debian Project Leader 2007 Election Statistics" sent in
>  on Fri, 06 Apr 2007 15:17:24 +0200, with the subject "Re: Second call
>  for votes for the debian project leader election 2007" The message ID
>  is <46164864.50609@ens-lyon.org>.  The folowing errors were reported:
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> There was a problem verifying the signature on the ballot.  FAILURE:
>  Reason: MIME::Parser: couldn't open
>  /org/vote.debian.org/data/leader2007/body/msg00675.body: No such file
>  or directory at /usr/share/perl5/MIME/Parser.pm line 1174.

> The ballot decrypted correctly, but was not signed So this means that
> eithe the ballot was not signed at all or that it uses RFC 1847
> Encapsulation, where the ballot is first signed as a
> multipart/signature body, and then encrypted to form the final
> multipart/encrypted body -- but something went wrong in verifying the
> signature.  In either case, the ballot is being rejected.

        In this case, the ballot was first signed as a
 multipart/signature body, and then encrypted to form the final
 multipart/encrypted body -- but something went wrong in verifying the
 signature.

        The mail gave verbose logging of all the errors that happened
 during processing, along with  a human parseable probable explanation.

        manoj
--
The fancy is indeed no other than a mode of memory emancipated from the
order of space and time.  -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge