Re: 64-bit transition deadline (Re: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers)

Le dimanche 08 avril 2007 à 17:42 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> So you don't believe that software will continue to push forward our minimum
> hardware requirements, the way it has for the past decade or so?  What do
> you think is the minimum memory required to run a "comfortable" desktop
> system (or workstation) today?  How does that compare to the minimum memory
> requirements at the time sarge was released?  woody?

As for GNOME, for running the same software, the memory requirements are
lessened between sarge and etch, and they are even lower in 2.18. What
changes is there's more available software and incentive to use it.

--
 .''`.