Re: MySql broken on older 486 and other cpuid less CPUs. Does this qualify as RC?

* Francesco P. Lovergine (frankie@debian.org) [070406 12:33]:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 04:10:19PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Like I said, in practical terms, if a bug like this in a major server
> > package goes unnoticed until 3 days before the release, we are not actually
> > "supporting" 486.  We support the i386 architecture quite well, but it seems
> > only honest to admit that as a project, we don't care about 486 enough to
> > even get 486-specific problems marked as RC in time to do anything about
> > them for a release.
> >

> That could be fixed in R1, isn't it? I see no major problems on those
> regards...

Well, we can fix it - but are you sure that's the only package with an
issue on 80486? I think we should put somewhere into Lenny that our code
should still run on 80486, but it might not be QAed enough for all
subarches (but we can discuss that later, don't need to reach a
consensus now).

Cheers,
Andi
--