Re: Override CFLAGS when using cdbs

        Hi,

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I try to package a project that needs to add some include
> pathes to the existing default CFLAGS and thus I tried
> to patch a Makefile in one subdir to
> CFLAGS=$(CFLAGS) -I$(INCLUDEDIR)
> but I had to learn that the CFLAGS variable that is used
> in the call
>   cd subtree; $(MAKE)

 Actually, the CFLAGS passed to the top-level $(MAKE) are overriding
 everything.  I suggest you either try to set -I for the whole build or
 change the upstream build to use its internal CFLAGS and still honor
 "user" (that's you) provided CFLAGS.  For an explanation on why the
 upstream build should honor CFLAGS but not use them, see:
 <http://sourceware.org/automake/automake.html#User-Variables>.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier