Re: many rejects (Re: Second call for votes for the debian project leader election 2007)

Hi

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 13:04:12 -0500
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>         This is the most creative and weird action I have seen in the
>  last few elections.
>
>         You send an encrypted mail, which was not itself signed. This
>  caused the vote to be rejected. Now, the body of the mail, once you
>  decrypted it, did contain a signed vote -- but this is too late,
>  since the outer mail was not signed, nothing processed the decrypted
>  body.
>
>         And no, you do not need to send in inline PGP when encrypting
>  ballots;  you can send a signed *AND* encrypted RFC 3156 mail
>  message.

Maybe I read RFC 3156 wrong, but I think it says exactly what I sent:

6.1.  RFC 1847 Encapsulation

   In [2], it is stated that the data is first signed as a
   multipart/signature body, and then encrypted to form the final
   multipart/encrypted body.  This is most useful for standard MIME-
   compliant message forwarding.